Glide Angler - Casting for Recovery
Casting for Recovery® is a non-profit organization which supports women who have or have had breast cancer. This innovative organization was founded on the principles that the natural world is a healing force, so they use fly fishing instruction and it's rhythmic movement to heal cancer sufferers both mentally and physically. Enter this awesome Emotion Angler Kayak! Ta-Dah!
The Glide is designed for ultimate stability, which allows you to fish while standing up--great for you fly fishers out there! You'll also appreciate all of the convenient features that have been designed into this kayak to make your fishing experience comfortable and enjoyable: an adjustable padded seat, adjustable foot braces, dual fly fishing rod holders, a paddle keeper, and shock cords located at the bow and stern to secure your gear to the kayak. The high-density polyethylene plastic construction is lightweight, durable, and easy to manage.
- Casting for Recovery ® is a national non-profit support and educational program for women who have or have had breast cancer, www.castingforrecovery.org.
- Casting For Recovery ® CFR provides fly fishing retreats at 37 locations around the United States. Their retreats are specifically designed for women who have or have had breast cancer. Their goal is to enhance the lives of breast cancer survivors by offering no-cost retreats tailored to promote and support mental and physical healing, shared experiences, and the hope that comes from learning new skills. Our hope is that kayaking can be a part of this healing process.
- Emotion Kayaks will manufacture a special edition kayak with the Casting for Recovery® logo with proceeds from the sale being used to benefit the Casting for Recovery organization.
- Emotion Kayaks will donate a portion of each sale ($25) from each CFR kayak sold to Casting For Recovery®.
- MSRP $550
Special Features not on standard Glide Angler
- Special Custom make up pink plastic (pantone color #226)
- Special Casting For Recovery Mold in Graphic on Bow. Replaces small Emotion Graphic.
- Substitute 2 Scotty fly rod holders with threaded mounts (#461) for standard flush mount rod holders. This is one of the only kayaks manufactured that feature fly fishing specific rod holders.
- Padded and adjustable seat provides
comfort & fold down convenience
- Front and back Toggle Handles for easy
- Ledge Lock Paddle Keepers to secure the
paddle when not in use
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Foot Braces for
comfortable & secure foot bracing
- Bow & Stern Deck Rigging to secure gear
and easily accessible
- Length: 9 ft 8 in (295 cm)
- Width: 29 in (74 cm)
- Deck Height: 14 in (35 cm)
- Weight: 37 lbs (17 kg)
- Cockpit Area: 43 in x 21.5 in (109 cm x 55 cm)
- *Max Capacity 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Hull Design (Stability & Tracking) ST Performance Hull
- Hull Material Roto-Molded Linear Polyethylene
*Depending on water conditions
On a Saturday afternoon you can find me - This question will always depend on the season! When the weather outside is frightful, you can find me at one of the nearby ski resort enjoying the fresh snow and crisp air or snowshoeing through the mountains. Once the sun is shinning and the birds are chirping, my Saturdays are spent outdoors hiking, backpacking, biking, paddle boarding or my most favorite activity of all, kayaking! All while enjoying the company of good friends of course! My favorite escape- Anything whitewater, whether it be kayaking or rafting. A more relaxing escape would be taking my camera out into the wilderness to photograph everything from wildlife to serene landscapes.
Your kayaks are amazingly awesome!